InQuoSens is led by an executive board which decides on the center’s strategic direction, on the implementation of specific innovation measures and on all matters involving the structure and development of InQuoSens. The executive board controls access to the technology infrastructure and all innovation measures. Furthermore, it plans and supervises applications for third-party funding and ensures a sufficient quality of all scientific and organizational matters. Currently, the board consists of four members of the participating institutions:
- Andreas Tünnermann (FSU Jena, director)
- Jens Müller (TU Ilmenau, deputy director)
- Thomas Pertsch (FSU Jena, deputy director).
The board is supported by an Executive Innovation Office (EIO) co-located in Jena and Ilmenau, which is responsible for the implementation of all innovation measures. The EIO consists from
- Dr. Frank Setzpfandt (FSU Jena, CEO)
- Maria Illing (TU Ilmenau, Chief Innovation Officer)
- Michael Steinert (FSU Jena, Chief Technology Officer).
Its core tasks are:
- Innovation key accounting for the optimization of information flows between scientists on one hand and innovation-oriented companies on the other hand and for the identification of existing research and development needs of companies,
- Excellence networking for the promotion and implementation of networking of InQuoSens with national and international partners representing excellent science in order to broaden the technological basis of InQuoSens,
- Sustainability development to foster the long-term impact of InQuoSens by acquiring additional strategic projects as well as specific research and development projects to promote innovation.
Abbe Center of Photonics (ACP) at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena
- Fields of excellence: Ultra optics, Strong field physics, Biophotonics, Abbe School of Photonics
- Contact: Prof. Andreas Tünnermann (on behalf of more than 50 ACP members/professors)
Institute of Micro- and Nanotechnologies (IMN) at the Technical University Ilmenau
- Fields of excellence: Micro- and nanointegration, materials for micro- and nanotechnology
- Contact: Prof. Jens Müller (on behalf of the professors of 39 integrated departments)
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Optics and Precision Engineering (IOF)
- Fields of excellence: Laser development, Optical design, System integration, Micro- & nanooptics
- Contact: Prof. Andreas Tünnermann, Prof. Gunther Notni